Saturday, February 21, 2009

Blog Created!

Hey everyone.

If you are here, you are probably either family or friend. Or at the very least, an interested acquaintance.

If none of the above are true, this blog probably won't be all that interesting to you.

Out here all alone in Texas, I think about all of you quite a bit. Yes, even you specifically, person that is reading this. This move has really made me reflect on all of the great friends I've made over the years, whether we are extremely close or just throw each other a hello once every couple of months.

You take your friends for granted sometimes; you know that they are always a phone call away from hanging out over the weekend, so you don't always make that phone call. When it is no longer an option, that is when you realize how much you will miss them.

But aside from my capacity to be a jerk at times, I hope that I have treated you, my family and friends, with respect and have made it clear to you all how important you are to me and that I'll always be there for you if you need me.

Anyway, I got to thinking about what would be the easiest way to keep you guys in the loop on how I was doing out here, and starting a blog made the most sense. I'm not really the "journal" type, but I think enough of you care about me and want to see how I'm doing, so I figured this would be worthwhile.

In my next post (sometime this weekend more than likely) I'll tell you about my first week here in San Antonio, and once I get everything moved in and tidied up I'll take a bunch of pictures and post them here as well.

If you get the chance, please leave a comment and let me know how YOU are doing! Would definitely make me feel more at home keeping in touch with you guys.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dave

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the Lone Star State, my friend! It's a great place to be. Git yourself some boots, a cowboy hat, and a horse.
    YEEHAW!
    -Feldman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegas, you realize Josh is the one that's supposed to be from Texas, right?? Anyway, hope you're doing well...and happy handicapping to you. Keep in touch.
    -John C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooo! Hey, Vegas! Was just wondering how you were doing. Glad to see you've started a blog to keep us posted. Looking forward to hearing about your future crazy adventures.

    ReplyDelete